Been sometime since i last blogged. Feeling lazy ever since I returned home, especially having to clear bags, pack up all those bulky winter clothings and stuffs, the souvenirs..
And of course having to get ready for Christmas, writing those X'mas cards and having them sent out on time! Then soon to arrive is Chinese New Year, come end of December I got to be busy with all my baking of cookies for sale again..not to mention also have to clear up and finish up my dissertation!! Finally got a reply from my supervisor, only to get that surprise when I was in Europe clearing my emails..at least there's something..
This Decemeber has been marvellous, having spent most of the days in winter rather than wet and sunny weather in Singapore..but after awhile, you will begin to drend winter..when it rains, it's bad! It was so cold that the rain came pouring down as ice flakes, kind of fun experience but when it hits the face, ouch!! I even did a funny dance in the icy rain!
Winter is a very gloomy season too, don't get to see the sun till around 11am, but even so it sets at around 3pm..hardly feel the sun's warmth at all..every morning feels like evening to me..
Weird thing, the 5degrees in Europe is different from the 5degrees that I experienced in China! It feels more like minus 5degrees in Europe, all of us were frozen there..
Fancy wearing 3 layers of pants and your legs can hardly walk, can't feel my toes and fingers all the time..had to use a scarf and wrap my head looking like a robber!
My 3rd trip to Europe, all in winter and this trip is my coldest winter trip I ever had! Colder than Korea and Japan..the next trip to Europe shall be in Spring or Autumn, no more gloomy Europe for me..though I like to wear all my winter coats and boots and scarf!
This trip surprisingly shopped some bits, managed to buy tees! And a new leather jacket too! Even managed to get a dress there for CNY!! haha.. :)
I am abstaining from french fries, burgers, potatoes for a long long time..had too much this trip..and now i am down with flu, cough and sore throat..sounding like donald duck..hate my voice now..but guess my voice will sound like that for sometime, hard to resist all those belgium chocolates and truffles that I brought back..yummy.. :)
Well well for now..I am grounded in Singapore, or least till when I am finished with my dissertation before I leave for my next trip...sunny island and suntanning in January has to be postponed with dear, because of the instability in Thailand..so looking forward to March!!
In the meantime, planning for that short vacation as well as my long graduation trip!!